Our trip before the trip.....
Leave it to me to get stuck
in Denver for 2 days....
worst luck ever!
That would be little Ryleigh asleep on the ground in the Denver airport at 2 in the morning. Yep, I got stuck in an airport again. We were on our way up to Montana when we heard the gate agent get on the intercom and announce that the flight had been cancelled. WHAT???? So to make a long story short, we stayed in Denver for two days until they could get us on a flight, they paid for all of my transportation, paid for us to eat, paid for my hotel for two nights, and gave me travel vouchers. They would be FRONTIER Airlines.....good thing they hooked me up or it could have been a very long couple of days in the airport and my poor kids would have had a very angry mom!
We decided to make the most of our layover. We swam, ate lots of FREE food, went downtown to check out the "mile high city", and saw a movie.
Was our loooong layover worth a visit to 7-11.....heck yeah! It's been forever since we've had Slurpee's and Big Gulps. We're pretty easily entertained.
We took the city bus downtown. That's always good entertainment. It's a good way to culture shock the kids :) Cara lost her first tooth in Denver. The Tooth Fairy searched and searched for an ATM and then ended up misplacing her tooth...way to go Tooth Fairy! All in all it was a good couple of days. I felt like we remained pretty calm and patient (all of us) but we were definitely ready to board our plane and head to Montana.
8 comments:
You have the worst luck ever. Your kids seem to just go with the flow. What an adventure. But thank goodness they hooked you up for two whole days. It was like 2 vacations in one. Cannot wait to see pictures from Montana! Way to make it a positive trip... I think I would have been the one asleep on the airport floor and super emotional.
That is crazy!! I think I would freak out if that ever happened to me...it could be fun though I guess. Sounds like you made the most of it!
Would you believe? Your post actually made me jealous. Seriously--a free vacay to Denver? Way to go!
I can't believe you and the airlines... it's like a love/hate relationship! Your picture is so cute though, and you're a great mom to just go with the flow. I'm sure they had a blast.
I'm convinced that you are superwoman!! I would freak but you just rolled with the punches. Oh and the girl that took my baby's pics is Peekaboo Photo in pleasant grove
Way to score with the freebies!
I'm sure Denver was a welcome change from Mexico City!! It still freaks me out a little thinking about you there by yourself with such little kids. Glad it all worked out and you got to spend some time with your family!`
What an amazing mom...traveling all by yourself & getting delayed! I'm glad you made the best of it. Looks like it turned into some good memories.
Post a Comment