Monday, June 29, 2009

Girls Camp 2009
Yay, I made it through camp. I had a great time this year (as I always do). I actually served in the kitchen this year. It turned out to be a perfect assignment for me. I'm a little A.D.D. so always having something to do is a good thing. It was exhausting but definitely had it's positives. Who can complain about being around food all day long...not me!
Above: My friends Kristen and Erika and I, the adult leaders watching the girls play water games, and what's girls camp without hair braiding!
Yep, those were the size of bugs we were sleeping with UGH! The 92 degrees is for real. That was the temp in the kitchen we were working in and that's not even counting the humidity. Here are some of my girls in their cute tye-dyed shirts, and above is all of the adult leaders from my Collierville Ward.
My friend Laurie and some of our YW made those torch cookies...so cute! And that's Marianne showing us the "torched" bacon....whoops!
Some of my girls~ I love these YW to pieces!






10 comments:

Heather said...

oh - i miss you guys! It's fun to see all the photos. But I do have to say I DO NOT miss Tennessee bugs! Cheri Sharp and I had a serious encounter with a giant moth at girls camp last year. It still creeps me out. We've had temps in the 90s this week and I'm melting. Isn't it supposed to be cooler at camp?!?! It keeps snowing on the girls her during their camp. sigh... we need a happy medium. So glad you survived and had fun.

Anonymous said...

Ewwwww bugs! I hate bugs! Especially sleeping with bugs! Good job for sticking out girl’s camp! You are such a good leader to these YW. They will remember you for the rest of there lives!
SEE YOU IN 2 DAYS...CANT WAIT!!

Stephers said...

OH MY HUGE BUGS! I cannot believe they were that big... YIKES. Looks like a great group to be with. Cannot believe it was 92 degrees in the kitchen. I am sure it was a very memorable trip :)

Amanda said...

I love girls camp! I just got called to be a YW advisor in our new ward and I'm very excited to get to work with the youth. I just hope we don't have bugs that big at our camp-eeek!

Heidi said...

looks like you had fun! can't wait for ours... first week in August and probably really hot also. We won't have the bugs or the humidity, though. sorry!

Cheri said...

I love the orange t-shirts -- so bright and colorful! Glad you had a great time. I heard wonderful reports of the food being fabulous, so you must have done a good job!

Quists said...

You would be a lot of fun to have as a YW camp leader! I'm glad you survived... I don't know if I would having to be in a hot/humid kitchen. AH! I was behind on your posts... it was fun to catch up/see latest pictures. It sounds like you are all doing well!

brittanimae said...

Those girls are seriously lucky to have you! You are such a super-mom--how do you find the time?

Michelle said...

looks like such a fun camp! hot, but fun! i'm so impressed with the torch cookies...crazy amount of time spent with that i'm sure! fun pictures! yw is great!!!

brittanimae said...

I guess it takes moving someplace REALLY cold to make me miss (yup, I said it, MISS) hot humid summers. But I bet I would get over it really fast if I had to cook in a kitchen that hot!