I've wondered for the past 4 1/2 months how today would feel, the due date of our daughter Claire. I can honestly say that I am at peace today. I feel saddened for our loss but so extremely blessed for the children that we do have. I would be lying if I said I haven't had a few break downs because I have. It's funny when they hit. Usually I'm in my car by myself, with a religious song playing, when my heart starts to ache. I know it's okay to have those meltdowns and it's in those times that I feel so close to my Heavenly Father. Who knows what the future holds for our family. One thing I do know is that we are happy, and so grateful for our three healthy, bright, and beautiful children.
14 years ago

17 comments:
Aren't you grateful for you testimony at times like that? You are so amazing and a great example to me!
So glad you shared this. What a blessing to know where she and that she is looking down on you each and every day. You do have a very beautiful family.
I've been thinking about this day for you. I had the same due date as a girl in our ward who lost her baby as well. Within a few days of Jackson being home she came over just to hold him. She cried and rocked him and I was touched by her. Her grief was so real and my heart ached for her.
I am touched by YOUR gratitude for your other 3 children as well as your testimony and faith that Heavenly Father has a plan for your little family.
lots of love-
I saw a card that said " God Comforts Us - Not to make us comfortable - but to make us Comforters".
With the loss of little Claire you have learned to become more of a Comforter, and your shared testimony since your loss has been a great lesson to many.
Sure do love you.
I've often thought of you during this pregnancy, and how devestating it would be to lose my little one this far along. My heart just aches for you. You're definitely entitled to a breakdown or two! It's so great to know that families are forever!
Thinking of you and sending my love... i love you!
There truly are angels among us and probably right next to us at times. When you're in your car and you're having that moment we've all had I'm sure Claire is right by you giving you the strength to finish the day and move to the next. I'm sure you're often thinking, "why me?" But now that you've held her can you imagine if it weren't you? I Love You and learn from you always.
What an appropriate picture. I too have thought about you many times during my pregnancy as well as my other cousin who lost her baby at seven months. I am overwhelmed by your inspiring thoughts and words!
Smooch! Sending you love and kind thoughts today and always!
You are such a great example of strength. We are so lucky to have the Gospel. I'll be thinking about you.
thanks for sharing your touching feelings with us - you're a wonderful person and have a strong testimony of the gospel. what a blessing it is in all our lives.
Nicole I am thinking of you. Don't ever stop thinking of Claire-cry for her, talk about her, love her, tell your other kids about her, rejoice in her, sing to her,talk to her and remember her. She is real and beautiful and waiting for you. Love you!
that is such a sweet post..and you are just a great example to all those around you
Great reminder...thanks for sharing. You have a great attitude.
What a great day for you to remember. You have earned the feelings of gratitude you portray. You work hard to be a sensitive loving person and I admire that in you so much. Thanks for being an example of someone who puts a positive spin on a situation that could be less than positive! Love ya, Dani
You’re such a good mom and I’m so grateful for your example through all of this! Tears are a way of rejoicing over the time you had with your sweet Clair! Aaron and I send you and Dave our Love!
Nicole, I read this post last week and have been thinking about you ever since. I am not good with knowing what to say but I do know this: I am truly grateful to know that families are forever and while your heart aches to hold little Claire, she is waiting for you in the care of someone who loves her very much. You are amazing and I hope that your strong testimony will give you the comfort you need.
Post a Comment