A little Spring cleaning.....
minus the Spring!
I've been getting the cleaning bug lately I just wish it were a little warmer and sunnier out so I could get a little more motivation. My house can't wait any longer though. I decided baby steps are always best so I started with my master bathroom first.
My earrings are always in an unorganized mess in my jewelry box so I decided to get a plastic tackle box to hold them in. It turned out to be the perfect way to store and organize them.
This is all of the make up that I have held on to that had just a little more left, or the make up that I bought extras of and forgot I had. UGH, what a waste of money.
All of the extras in my bathroom drawers that are pretty much empty. Can somebody please tell me why I have all this junk to begin with???
Okay so seriously, how many headbands does a girl need.....not this many. I do love headbands and I do wear them but like everything else I own they're usually plain black....these are going to my Young Women. The sad thing is that I still have 6 black ones I kept in my drawer.
It feels good to throw....I love throwing. I love the feeling of tying up my big black garbage bags knowing that I've accomplished my goal of purging and getting a cleaner more organized house in the end. NEXT ON THE LIST.....my closet. YIKES!
12 comments:
This is too funny because I'm totally with you on this one. I've had a list of things I want to do, but just haven't had the motivation to get started. This weekend we had some beautiful weather and on Saturday I too cleaned and organized the bathroom closet. It was great fun and it looks so much better. Later that day I mentioned to someone on the phone that I had spent the entire day cleaning because it had been so nice and warm outside, Lee overheard and said, "Well, heck we can just turn up the heater!" Thanks Lee. Then on Monday he came home from work and remarked that it must have been another beautiful day outside...this day, among other things I had cleaned all our stainless steel appliances (a tremendous pain since the only thing I've found that works very well is baking soda and water -- and it takes quite a few rinsings to get all the baking soda off once I'm done cleaning...if anyone has an easier way of doing it let me know...and yeah, I've bought a whole bunch of different things from the store and they all leave streaks, which is just as bad as fingerprints). Okay, that's enough for now!
I am going to jump on your bandwagon as soon as Alyson and Greg leave. Why? Because then hopefully it's less stuff I have to put back in the basement where htey were staying. I love when the weather warms up and you get that bug. Sadly, it doesn't take long to loose it and for the house to get thrashed again.
I love having a clean and organized house, I just wish it could stay that way forever!!! Looks like you were able to clean out quite a bit, way to get a head start on things. Just reading about it gives me so many ideas of my own :)
My mom has been getting the cleaning bug and has been doing the intry way!
(But I dont't know about you but don't you think my mom always has the spring bug?I love my mom!
My mom has been getting the cleaning bug and has been doing the intry way!
(But I dont't know about you but don't you think my mom always has the spring bug?I love my mom!
My mom has been getting the cleaning bug and has been doing the intry way!
(But I dont't know about you but don't you think my mom always has the spring bug?I love my mom!
Shoot, now I feel guilty, thanks a lot! My entire bathroom and closet need a huge purge fest! Don't get rid of any good clothes--post them first and let me think about buying them off you:) I'm needy.
I love the spring cleaning too! Your bathroom drawers looks alot like mine! I love the earring idea. I need to do that with mine.
I'm impressed, must feel good to get rid of some of the clutter! I need to remember that I can do a cupboard here and a drawer there. Then after a week, I would be so happy to some organized drawers!
Kristin
RealSimple magazine says to throw out 50 things this spring (including makeup). I think i'll try that this week.
Okay -- you've inspired me! The picture of the makeup did it -- I have the same mascara pileup (same brand too). Time to spring clean!
I have been staring in my closets and drawers lately too. You know what I think??! I think, "Brittany would just be sick!" Isn't that funny!? It is pretty inspiring to see you clean it all up. I am thinking about getting my puke on, then maybe tackling a cupboard or two.
Post a Comment