Friday, March 27, 2009

It's official, our family has been taken over by the game of baseball. We have a Marlin (Carson) and Royal (Cara) this year. Carson is now in kid pitch and Cara is FINALLY old enough to play T-Ball. She has been so excited. Carson is playing with a really good group of boys this year. He's the youngest on the team and I know he's a little intimidated but I think he'll be able to hang with the big boys. Most of the boys play competitive fall ball so hopefully Carson gets a little game time in and can show his coaches what he's made of. Cara so far is the only girl on her team. She could care less though. In fact it probably suits her personality just fine. We are up to our heads in practices and games. My new question of the week to you other Mom's out there is How in the heck do have your kids in more than one event??? With church, scouts, mutual, and school I don't see how's it's possible, unless I paint my car bright yellow and post TAXI on the side. Doesn't sound like the life I'm ready to lead right now. I say one thing at a time....my kids still have to be kids and have play time!




6 comments:

Evans Fam said...

I am so with you on that...I totally don't want to overschedule my kids. Way to go! And I love that Cara is the only girl on her team...good for her!

lacey said...

I am so lazy. I get in spurts and try and then realize I have to drag someone around during naptime or hang out at a dug out by myself and all the crazies til after dark and all my kid wants is the after-game treat and then I say forget it.

Not right now.

Not in my season. They need to grow up a bit more. I wish I had the stamina for it. Good for YOU!

Michelle said...

All I can say is...it only gets worse, but what can you do - tell your younger kids "sorry, I know the older kids got to do all this, but we're just too busy now..." I think not! Having one old enough to babysit helps (as long as he's not at one of his games/practices) :) Have fun! Let the games begin...

The Crazy Clawson's said...

well i guess you can officaially call yourself a "MOM" isn't this what is all about.....

Jim said...

I miss the games and going and cheering. I wish I could help them to their practices

Grandma Shauna said...

Yup, it's important for your kids to have some play in the dirt time and that's quoting from Sister Hinckley.
Look forward to being there soon to see the kids play.