Memphis-2nd most MISERABLE
city to live in....
So according to Forbes magazine, Memphis is the second most miserable city in the United States, due to high state taxes, crime, bad sports teams, and racial tension. The word Miserable may be a little harsh. I believe it's whatever you make of it. Because of great friends we're really starting to love it here. Remember though.....we're in a suburb of Memphis. I just may be miserable if I lived in downtown Memphis.

13 comments:
wow - well, there ya go! but i do agree with you that it is about your attitude. And it helps to have good friends surrounding you out in the suburbs. Oh - and we do love Walking in Memphis song which i just heard on your blog. So - what was the #1 worst city?
ha, ha! That is funny. I loved living in Collierville. It is very different from Memphis though. This is my favorite picture of you guys. Love it!
I've heard Memphis doesn't get the love... I LOVE the family picture though. REALLY cute.
You asked how I get my pictures so big.....well, a number of different ways, but my current favorite is through Picasa. I downloaded Picasa 3 (for free) from google, and then you have the option to upload to your online albums directly from Picasa on your computer....then you copy and paste the link into the "edit html" part of your compose mode on blogger in the size you want. It sounds more complicated than it is....if you want specific directions I'd be happy to email them to you, let me know!
I love the family picture! So cute! Whenever I think of Memphis, I think of John Grisham. There's got to be a whole lot of mob activity and extortion going on in your city!
That is crazy. I totally agree with you though, it's about your attitude. You have such a positive outlook that I think no matter where you lived, you would make it special. Totally cute picture of you and the family all in BLUE! You have such beautiful children :)
I just love this picture of you and your family, what a cute idea. I always say this,but everytime I see pictures of your family, I just can't help but say... what a great looking family, you are all just so perfect and beautiful. Home is definitly what you make of it. And I know alot of the credit of being happy in such a "miserable" city goes to you and your love for life.
Thats pretty funny. You're very right about making it what you want. Thanks again for the invite to New York. I can't wait!
They are definitely talking about Downtown Memphis. Collierville ROCKS! Probably because of the friends! :)
Cute pic! Go tigers! I think Memphis would be a miserable city (except I really like East Memphis) but certainly not where you live--I grew up there and turned out to not be miserable person- so there ya go!! I actually have really great childhood memories;)
That's funny! But you all definitely look like you are always making the best of it! What a darling family you have.
Your family picture is so cute! And attitude has so much to do with loving where you live...it's pretty funny to read lists like that and see where your city ranks.
Have a great day!
Good attitude...you are SO right, it is all what you make of it.
Thanks for your comments on my St. George post. It is so funny - I think about our kissing spree every time I go there - good times! I think I was telling some of my young women about it recently. I know, that seems a little weird, but it's the truth and I strongly believe that if that is the worst thing we did with boys in St. George (with millions of hotel rooms around) then we should be proud of it! :)
Post a Comment