Monday, February 2, 2009

A Good Week
We started the week off with a snow day. Yep with school out and all. It was the longest day of my life. There's a reason kids go to school and Mom's stay home :) We had The Pinewood Derby on Friday which meant sanding, painting, priming, yep-pretty much a big mess. Carson came in 4th out of 18 which we thought was a great finish. Over the weekend I saw "New in Town". LOVED IT! It was very cute and corky! We ended the week by having some friends over for the Superbowl. There was so much food that I'm still feelin' it a day later. I didn't watch much of the game, but I did love Faith Hill and Jennifer Hudson's performances. I thought they did a great job. All in all, a good week!
My girlfriends and I got a little of the game in, but mostly just talked and laughed. You know...the norm for a bunch of girls.
Totally recommend it!
What a handsome cubscout he is.
Carson decided to go with the "Utah" theme. He didn't care if he won or lost, just so the Utah car beat the Alabama car...and it did!
Natalie and Alyson this picture is for you. Yep, this is the big storm that got us out of school. Funny, haha, !




10 comments:

Amber said...

Wow, that is a lot of snow :)! That picture made me laugh.

lacey said...

Hey You!
Sorry I have not gotten back to your email. I LOVE your "good deal" post! She is so stinkin cute!
We've had some snow days over here too. It's amazing how much more I get done when just the one I have in school actually goes. When he's home all goes haywire.
I have no idea about Superbowl- what a good sport you are to host ;)

Stephers said...

I cannot believe they got out of school for that much snow! That is seriously funny. Sorry it was such a long day, but I bet they totally enjoyed it.
Glad to hear that you liked the movie, I thought it looked cute, but I am glad to read a review :)
So glad you enjoyed time with the girls during the super bowl... we also had a party and I did mostly visiting as well :)

Michelle said...

Seriously - a snow day??? Wow!!! We'd be out of school from late October until March if it were the same here...too funny.

That movie looked cute - I'll have to go see it, haven't been to a good chick flick in a while.

Mark and Emily said...

Love the "dusting of snow". Same happens here in Oregon...a little white means closure!

Lisa Danielson said...

It is so weird to see snow there! I always loved the snow days. I was wondering about that movie so now I'll have to go see it!

angie said...

WOW!!! I can't believe ALL the snow you got!! :) I LOVED it when school was called off!

Anonymous said...

THat was your snow?! That is hilarious! We just had Monday off and I was like, "lunch? oh yeah...i have to feed you all..."

It is funny what we get used to.

Stop having so much fun out there or you may never come home.

Dani

Michelle said...

Whoa, I hope the snow wasn't too hard on you! He he. Sounds like you guys had a fun and eventful week and I love the Utah car!

Alyson and Greg Markham said...

Superbowl parties are fun. What a perfect party for The Rees Family to host!
That snow looks like frost on the ground on a fall morning. Snow days are only fun for the kids and teachers.
I'm getting really excited for NY.