Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Heart Week!
It was another busy week here at the Rees household. I started the week off by attending one of my Young Women, Melanie's basketball games. They played an inner city Memphis school, and I hate to admit this, but I was definitely watching my back all night...if you know what I mean.
Next we attended Cara's preschool party. She was so looking forward to Valentine's because she has a boyfriend, so she says. There's a little boy named Hank at her school and she told me that she loved him and that he was her Valentine. Super cute now, in a couple of years...not so cute.
Then our friend Kristen had the kids over for sugar cookie decorating and a pinata. Thanks Kristen!
We went to Carson's class party Friday. He is such the class clown. He's a definite leader and so many kids follow. It's okay now, I just hope it doesn't become a problem later. Here they are being typical boys....goofy! Whoever sent in the bazooka lips....you're on my hit list LOL!
We ended the week by attending Dave's Ward ball game. He did a great job. He hit the floor once and I swear the whole ground shook. He's still a great player and I get a kick out of watching him. I'm just always crossing my fingers that no four letter words come flying out of his mouth. :)It's been a good week. As I read my Mom's Facebook today, she reminded me that it has been a year since she had her heart surgery. I'm so grateful for her and so glad she is now healthy. I want her as well as all of you to know
"We love you, more than tongue can tell"!

9 comments:

Evans Fam said...

What a great YW president, to go to your girls' games. I am sure those girls LOVE you.

Kristen said...

I had no idea Cara was on the hunt! Gotta watch out for that girl! :) Okay, so those lips were SO annoying, but that is a very cute picture! I love your trouble maker.

Jylaire said...

What a great Valentine's week!

Quists said...

I have to agree with the first comment on here... you are such a good example to me of going "the extra step" for your YW and supporting them in areas of their lives. Way to be! It looks like you all have had a fun week. I have to say that I think it is adorable that Hank is her Valentine. HA HA!

Stephers said...

It does sound like a super busy week. You are SUPER MOM and I am sure your kids love every minute of it. Love that you support your YW's :) Glad to hear you had a fabulous HEART WEEK and so hear that your momma has hit her year mark.

The Crazy Clawson's said...

What a fun filled day you had...You are so good to, spending time outside your home with others..what a great example you are...

Lisa Danielson said...

Yes I do know what you mean;) Looks like a super fun weekend!!

Michelle said...

How do you have time to do so much??? What a great way to support your YW!!! You're awesome.

brittanimae said...

I can't believe how big Carson is! Sounds like a great week!