I'll be home for Christmas....
not as quickly as
I thought though!
A brief description of our travels home to Utah~ Leave Memphis for Little Rock a day early because of Ice storms, stay in Little Rock for a night, leave a day later from the Little Rock airport for SLC with a Las Vegas layover, Captain gets on the intercom "Sorry folks we'll be diverting to LAX due to weather in Vegas. WHAT???? When was the last time it snowed in Vegas? Get off plane, get in a line of 185 people to get reconnected, wait in that line for 3 1/2 hours, no food, tired kids, tired Mom, people butting in lines, Hmmmm....where's our luggage?, Where's Dave when I need him?, A SLC flight leaving in 10 minutes, still 45 people in front of us, Missionary couple tries to get us all on the SLC flight, they succeed, YAY Mormon missionaries, Mom and kids rush to gate, get on, kids sleep on plane, arrive in SLC an hour later, Grandma Shauna's there to greet us and finally luggage is found! HOORAY, we made it. I was having flashbacks of my Mexico City experience. At least this time we were in the states where MOST everyone speaks English.
We are now home for Christmas!


12 comments:
and you thought flying stand by was rough! have you had any good flight experiences since paying for flights? So sorry you had to do that again, but glad we'll get to see you and the kids again!
So glad you made it! Super stressful for you, especially since your hubby was not with you. So glad you get to spend some quality time with your family, I know how much you have been missing them. Cannot wait to see an update from your holiday vacation! Have fun!
Just doing a little blog tour today, while watching the snow pile up in my front yard! Way toooo cold to go out. So glad you're here safe and sound, I enjoyed reading about your travel adventures!
We are glad that you finally got there! That stinks, I would have had a melt down right in the airport. We will miss you guys! Have fun!
We are jealous...we're staying here for Christmas this year. Have fun and give everyone our love!
you might need to just stop flying! how ironic seeing as your husband is a pilot. :) so glad you made it though. i can't believe of all days to fly into vegas, it snowed.
You just need to stop traveling in December! Glad you made it safely though. Hope you have a great time with your family. Tell Carson we really missed him at our party.
We should get together for lunch. How long are you staying? Jaime is comong on the 29th I think. That would be so fun if we got together.
That seems to only happen when you have kids in tow! Enjoy your family and have a great Christmas!
Welcome Home! Hopefully I will see you while you are in town. Are you going to Heidi's shower? Tim was stuck in New Jersey, New York and Boston ALL DAY yesterday trying to get home. He was at the airport at 7:00 am. He had 3 different flights cancelled, but FINALLY made it home at 1:30 am this morning. Stay away from the airports!
Ahhh, sounds like a nightmare! Glad you made it okay. Have fun!!!!!!!! I'll be there in a week and I can't wait!!!!!
Flying alone with the kids scares me to death b/c of experiences like yours. So glad y'all made it. Have fun with your families & Merry Christmas! See ya when y'all get back.
Post a Comment