Thursday, October 2, 2008

The world we live in-

I've been really congested lately and there's not a lot you can take when you're pregnant. I called my doctor today and told him I was getting on a plane tomorrow morning and I was scared I had a sinus infection. I've had that on a plane before and I felt like my brains were going to blow out of my head. It was one of the most painful things I have experienced. Anyhoo....He told me to go to Walgreen's and pick up some Sudafed, but that it would be behind the counter. So I went into Walgreen's and me being the druggy that I am, had to pretty much sign my life away in order to bring these pills home with me. I had to give them two forms of I.D. with photo and then sign a legal agreement. I promised them I wasn't taking it home to my meth lab, just trying to clear my mucus filled head. It's so sad what this world has come to. Hopefully my Sudafed does the job or it may be a very long flight.

8 comments:

Stephers said...

You poor thing. I hope it helps and that you are able to have a comfortable ride to see your sisters! It will all be worth it :)

Jylaire said...

The best is when you try to "stock" up on some of these meds because they put them on clearance and they only let you buy like 2. (Even better is the time that I tried to buy a "twin-pack" of Nyquil at the Sams club, and they said that the limit was 1, even though they were packaged together...) Hope your flight goes well!

kelsey said...

That is one bad thing about being pregnant. You can't take any of the nice drugs when you're sick. Hope you get feeling better and I hope you are having a blast with your fam. I'm moving in a week so we'll have to figure out how far away we are from each other and hopefully we will be able to see each other sometime.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your sick. Pregnancy makes those kind of things hard. Hope you manage the plane alright.

Kelsey and Tony said...

This has nothing to do with congestion - but are you going to tell whether the new babe is a girl or a boy???!!! I check your blog multiple times a day in the hopes that you might share...but no pressure :) I was going to try to get my mom to call your mom, but then I thought that A)I was being pretty pushy and B) pretty nosy. So, I'm just sharing how I'm so excited to find out, but I will survive until the babe is born if you are waiting to surprise people...I just love babies!!!

kelsey :)

brittanimae said...

Darn! I hope you feel better soon and have a great trip!!

Greg said...

Natalie left a comment on my blog which led me to yours. So good to hear about your life and see your family. Congrats on the new addition. It is amazing to be able to find people after so many years. You can check out my blog at gregandandreasummerhays.blogspot.com

Ranae said...

Though I am not pregnant (I know, big surprise there), I did fly this past week with a major head cold so I can totally relate to the brain blowing out the head. Serious ear pain! I thought for sure I had popped an eardrum. I guess I haven't tried to buy sudafed lately. I had no idea it was a controlled substance. Good luck on your flights! And even more luck with the pregnancy. I think there is nothing worse! But then, there is nothing better than the results. Babies are the best!