Thursday, October 2, 2008

Traveling these days.....what a drag!

So my "to do" list is getting smaller and I only have about 2 more loads of laundry to do. So that's good, but the bummer news is the new baggage rules. I got online to see what it would cost me to take 1 or 2 pieces of luggage and this is what I found out. To take 1 bag it will cost me $20 each way and 2 bags would cost me $30 each way. What the heck????? So think about when I travel with my family. If each of us took only 1 bag it would cost me an extra $200. That's ridiculous. It's pretty sad what we have to do now days to travel. So needless to say I'm taking a tiny little carry on. I know I'm such a whiner. Regardless I'm getting on that plane and plan to have a great little vacation with my sisters and Mom. Adios!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

When I went to Michigan I paid for my ONE bag online for $15 each way. If I hadn't purchased my cargo space online it would have been $25 each. And on my way home I had to argue with the lady printing my ticket because she tried to charge me AGAIN, she was having trouble using their system and didn't see that I had already paid. I just hope that they don't start charging for strollers, or carseats, or infants in arms.

Stacey said...

Wahoo! Where are you guys going? I wish I was going on a vacation!! Have fun!

shauna said...

Oh my goodness. Everything is becoming so incredibly regulated. It's like our country is morphing in to one that is not free anymore. What a sad state of thing we are in.

Stephers said...

We just got back from California a few weeks ago and took the entire family. Lets just say that it will be a LONG WHILE before we travel like that again...

Anonymous said...

I am in so much trouble...I hate packing light and we are flying in the spring with the family. Yikes. But thanks for the heads up...I have been wondering.
-Camille