Wednesday, May 7, 2008

YW Standards Night



We had our Young Women Standards Night tonight and it turned out great. We used this years theme "Steadfast and Immovable" along with this Jenny Phillips C.D. as our guide. We touched on modesty, image, and becoming more like him. If you don't have this C.D. already I would encourage to buy it. I love it. It's one of those C.D.'s where when you listen to it alone in your car you catch yourself crying. I love my calling and I love our Young Women. I love having smaller numbers. I feel like it really gives me the chance to get to know each one of them on a more personal level. I have the best calling!


"Don't spend your life wishing you looked like her....Spend your life becoming more like Him."

3 comments:

Jylaire said...

I really need to get some of Jenny Phillips cd's. She is such an amazing person! She was my neighbor and in my last ward before we moved. I actually had no idea for a long time that she was a singer! She is in my old ward's YW presidency. Glad you had a great standards night!

Lynnise said...

You do have the best calling! I love Jenny Phillips, she has done some awesome work. I love the quote at the end of your post. I am taping it on my wall today.

{Brittany} said...

Thanks for the CD suggestion and the great quote. I'm sure that you are an amazing YW president!!