So my Smiley Ryleigh hasn't been so smiley the past couple of days. She got out of bed yesterday and cried out in pain that she couldn't walk. When I looked under her foot this is what I found. I watched it for a few hours and then decided it would be best to take her in to her Pediatrician. I kind of wondered if it was a spider bite but wanted a professional opinion, especially not being from around here and familiar with the spiders.
The doctor said it could perhaps be a Brown Recluse spider bite but wasn't 100%. So he gave us a strong prescription for an antibiotic, told us to soak her foot 2x a day for two days, really keep our eyes on it, and if I didn't notice any changes for the good to give him a call.

15 comments:
Aaaaakk! Poor little girlie. I really hope it gets better and isn't a dramatic healing. I did some research on spiders to see what kind I kept seeing in our backyard in TN. It frieked me out and I had the willies all night long. Wow - Poor little thing!
How scary and ohh how painful! Hope she gets feeling better soon and without any problems. I hate spiders!!
Wow! That is big. Yuk. Do you have any exterminator service come spray your house? We loved James Pest Control. I highly recommend them!
Oh I am so sad for Ryleigh. That bite looks like it hurts so bad. OH I hate spiders. I hope she gets better soon.
-Wendy
Scary. Poor little Ryleigh. Sometimes reading your blog makes me a little nervous to move to the south.
Ouch! That makes me hurt just to look at it! Poor little thing. I hate spiders!!!! I hope she is feeling better soon and that she won't have to have surgery..keep us posted and we'll keep YOU in our prayers!
I'm so sorry to hear about Ryleigh. Last year I got bit by a spider and we thought it was a brown recluse. It turned out to be another kind of spider, and it itched like crazy. I sure hope it's nothing serious and she feels better soon.
Okay. That is a little HOLE in her tiny little foot. I hope she is doing better. She is so cute. Take this time to spoil her rotten! Hope you are doing good. I am going to keep checking so let us know more when you hear...
Dani
Okay. That is a little HOLE in her tiny little foot. I hope she is doing better. She is so cute. Take this time to spoil her rotten! Hope you are doing good. I am going to keep checking so let us know more when you hear...
Dani
NASTY!! Poor thing. I hope she is okay!
That looks brutal! I hate spiders. I don't think I hate anything more than spiders. She's a trooper, keep us updated.
oh, that is so gross! I hope she's feeling better now!
That just freaked me out! I'm definately spraying for spiders asap cause I keep finding black widows. I feel so bad, that looks so painful! I can't believe what damage a little creepy spider can do... you'll have to let me know if it's gotten worse or if it's looking better. I'm worried for her! Those brown reclueses are unforgiving.
I hope she is alright. I hate spiders!
I haven't checked blogs for a while. Sorry I didn't know about Ryleigh. Hope things are better by now. Great tributes to your Moms and grandmas. I love all these blogs. Love ya, Tracy
Post a Comment