As I was watching the Miss America pageant with Cara last night, I was so overcome with pride when I saw Miss Utah, Jill Stephens. The reason I was so proud, was the fact that not only was she beautiful but she was a member of the Utah National Guard, she was wearing a full sleeved shirt when the other girls were in tank tops, and she was the only girl out of all 50 states to wear a full piece swim suit. It's so comforting to see young women who are living the standards of the Church and who are not ashamed to stand up for what they believe in. As I was watching the show I thought what a wonderful example Jill Stephens was of "Standing Steadfast and Immovable."
14 years ago



3 comments:
Wow, she is super cute! I wish I would have seen her...that is our YW theme this year "stand steadfast and immovable." I should talk about her! Very cool :)
She makes it look so easy! She was America's choice, that should say something about our country. Too bad she wasn't the judges choice. I would like to meet her, she seems so happy and confident, what a great example for all young women to follow.
I love it when LDS people use the spotlight to show they are true to their faith. I love that they make it "cool" too. I wasn't as strong at their age, I am glad for their examples.
FYI, Lynnise...she lives in Kaysville from what I understand. She is in my brother-in-laws stake up there!
Dani
Post a Comment