MIRROR IMAGE TWINS
I was watching 60 Minutes last night when a story about the Bryan Twins, a doubles tennis team, came on. I was totally into it when they started reporting on how they weren't only identical twins but they were Mirror Image twins. My sister Natalie and I are the same. It was fun to listen to their similarities and differences and compare them to ours. Definition of Mirror Image Twins~
Mirror image twins are monozygotic, twins that form from a single fertilized egg. When the split occurs late - more than a week after conception - the twins can develop reverse asymmetric features. For example, they may be right- and left-handed, have birthmarks on opposite sides of their body, or have hair whorls that swirl in opposite directions. In theory, if the twins faced each other, they would appear to be exact reflections of each other. About 25% of identical twins are mirror image twins.
So in our case this is how it goes~
Nicole right handed, Natalie left
Nicole's knees go in, Natalie's go out
Natalie taller, Nicole little bit shorter
Natalie's feet smaller, Nicole's bigger


11 comments:
Natalie is on the right, you are on the left. So cute!
O guess the same. Mostly because she looks just like your girls.
Nicole on the left, Natalie on the right. Am I right? :)
I have always loved this picture, especially the ones were you were both standing. The dresses you are wearing are also a treasure because Nanny made them for you. Wish I could have these little girls back every now and then.
I am guessing Nicole on left and Natalie on right as well.
You are on the left and Nat is on the right. Right? I kept second guessing myself. Fun post.
nicole is pregnant... natalie is not
love em both!
I think you are on right, Nat on left!!
I can't even begin to guess - still get you two confused when you're standing right next to each other - ha!
Kristin
Oh yes! BTW - such a cute photo!
Kristin
Nicole is definitely on the left...because Ryleigh looks EXACTLY like you at that age :) Adorable!!
Post a Comment