Sunday, April 26, 2009


National Day of Service
Our Ward was asked to serve this past Saturday planting trees and clearing paths at the Memphis, Tennessee Agricenter. I must admit it was a very HOT day, but I never heard one complaint from the youth. They did a wonderful job and worked so hard. You know it's funny how proud I felt putting on my yellow "Mormon Helping Hands" shirt. Before I lived in TN. I had always seen members outside of Utah doing service and wearing their t-shirts. Now I know from experience what a days worth of service can do to help spread the gospel. We had 3 of the workers at the center ask about the church and if we had to trade 1,500 trees being planted and 130 volunteers, to get even 1 person interested in the gospel than it was WELL worth it!



3 comments:

Heidi said...

i've always wanted one of those tshirts!

brittanimae said...

Man do you ever keep busy! What a great service activity!

Michelle said...

Very cool! I love seeing those shirts on the news...haven't ever seen one in our neck of the woods though!