Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The month of "PINK"

I've been reminded many times this week that October is Breast Cancer awareness month. I've seen an Oprah episode, seen some really cute pink t-shirts, donated $1 when I've eaten out, read some great blogs on personal struggles, and bought cookies with pink M&M's. But one of my favorites was when I was on the plane flying home and the Northwest flight attendants were selling pink lemonade to the passengers for $2 a glass. It was so cool to see how many people didn't really care for the lemonade but donated to the cause anyway, and so many of them giving more than the $2 minimum. It's nice to see that in this time of financial crisis that there are still those around with a big enough heart to donate to such an important cause.

1 comment:

Stephers said...

That is really neat that they had Pink Lemonade on the flight. What a great way to be reminded and be able to donate just a little hear and there.