Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Who is this man...and what did you do with my husband?

(MaryAnn I thought you would appreciate this)
Last Saturday Dave kept saying he was craving a homemade cherry pie. Well I didn't think anything of it, except I knew I wasn't about to bake a pie from scratch. So I went off to take one of my 4 hour prego naps and as I arose I smelled something baking. Well to my surprise, there it was a cherry pie. Dave made this pie from scratch. He rolled out the dough, filled it, topped it with more dough, the whole nine yards. Now that I know he can bake a pie he'll definitely have to step it up in the kitchen a little more.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found out after 30 years of marriage that Greg makes a darn good crust. He made pumpking pie for Thanksgiving when I was out of town and not going to be home soon enough. It's good you know Dave's talent now.

Lindsey said...

I thought that the pregnant one was suppose to have the cravings! The pie looks really good. I'm impressed.

Stephers said...

Super impressive. I have to say that Mike also does pretty darn good in the kitchen. He makes a TON of our meals and learned pie makin from his mama! Don't you just love a man who isn't afraid to show off his homemaking skills? GOTTA LOVE IT.

Anonymous said...

Men are good at hiding their skills. If they act innocent and helpless, we do it for them! So...I just need to get pregnant for Justin to do more than make Pancakes for dinner?! I love it. I love it.

Michelle said...

Too funny - Chip calls this "raising the bar" - now you'll expect behavior like this - ha! ha!

Alyson and Greg Markham said...

Dave? Dave Rees? No.....I don't believe it! LOL!!