Friday, August 15, 2008

DO YOU HAVE A NICKNAME???

So for those of you wondering who Vince is from the last post, well that's me. Dave is the King of giving nicknames. I was awarded with the name Vince when I delivered Carson. At that time Dave called him little Vinny and me Vince. I don't know where he got Vince from, but it has stuck for 8 years now. The funny thing is that I'm so used to it, that I answer to that now. So I thought it would be fun to see how many of you have nicknames and why. I can't wait to read your comments!

5 comments:

Katie said...

My dad gives nick names to everyone and sine I was little I was called "katie bird" based on the way I waited to be fed as as infant. Luckily I don't get called that anymore. Addison is called beans or beanie or beanza because of my dad and Parks goes by sweaty or shweaty because he is always sweating (its from saturday night live) the skit is totally wrong but he doesn't know it.

Alyson and Greg Markham said...

No. I'm totally boring...I don't have a nickname. Back when I was single all the single guys would call me "Aly Cat". Now that I'm married my nickname is "babe". Good trade! Greg thinks it's totally hilarious Dave calls you Vince. He didn't believe me at first until Tanner backed me up. Tanners nickname given by dave is Tanner H HOPPER. Dave. Dave. Dave...

kelsey said...

My first nick name was Kelsey do given to my by grandma Elene. Then it was Maguillicutty given to me by my neighbor. In middle school I had a number of names. First it was cleo clevage, because I was the first girl to really get a chest. Then it was belch, because when the girls were always cat fighting I was more like a boy. In high school my coach called me helga because he said I was to strong to be called something girly like Kelsey. Now I have no nick name. Kels is as nick name as it gets. A few friends from school still call me belch. It's great! I love Vince. Thats hillarious.

Janelle said...

Rob used to call me "Winnie" (something to do with Janelle in Portuguese) until I told him I hated it, lol. Now it's any form of Nel...Nelly, Nellard, etc.

Jill said...

That is too funny! What a great idea for a post.
My sisters and I all made up nicknames years ago...they were boy names. Mine is William because Jill rhymes with Bill which usually is named William! Ha. I think Jay's is Frank, and I can't remember what Shauna's is...Kim's is Tarpot, she got a random one. Nicknames are funny!!
My sisters kids all call me William!! They thought that was my real name for awhile too :)