Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A perfect week for a military tribute!

One thing my parents really taught us growing up was patriotism and to never take our freedoms for granted. Dave and I were both raised as "military brats" and both of us thankful for those experiences. My slide show below is just to pay tribute to those in my family serving/served in the military. I thank them for the examples they are and I thank their families for the many sacrifices they have made. A big thanks goes out to all of you!
Dad-Air force
Aaron (brother)-Air force
Jim Rees-Navy
Danny Rees-Navy
Lee Hooper-Army
Steve Hooper-Army
Grandpa Hooper-Air force
Papa Peck-Army
Mike Hadley-Air force
(check out my slide show below)

7 comments:

natalie said...

You can't be skinnier than me and have a better blog. I loved this post! We really are so blessed to have great patriots around us.

Stephers said...

What a great post! So many have served in you're families. Such a great time of year to remember all those who have served and are serving. Hope you have a great 4th!

Grandma Shauna said...

So you made me sit at my computer and cry. You need to add Papa Peck who served in the Army during the Korean War.

I am so proud of all of my patriots -- some of you wear the uniform and some of you are there to support those in uniform. I'm a proud Mom.

Anonymous said...

It is really neat to see your patriotism. I definitely take my freedoms for granted all too often. Thanks for reminding me of my blessings. Thanks to you family for protecting mine.

Dani

kelsey said...

Thanks for the post. I love how patriotic our family is. Looking at all the pictures made me get all teary. Especially since Mike is gone right now.

Erika said...

Love your tribute! I too am so patriotic because of my family. Hope you don't mind if I steal your idea for a post! Are y'all going to the fireworks tomorrow night? Talk to you soon :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Nicole.. That was nice..