Saturday, July 5, 2008

I'm kicking myself....


(Me in NYC in 2004)
Okay so I'm trying to have a positive attitude but it's really hard when Dave is calling me every 5 minutes saying "Hey I'm in Times Square, or hey I'm at the NBC studios, and heading over to Central Park." To make a long story short, Dave is in NYC for a couple of days with work and I had the chance to meet him up there for the weekend but decided I needed to stay in town because Youth Conference is this week and I know the Young Women need me to stick around for that. Yep, I'm kicking myself right now, but I'm trying to remain positive and realize when I accepted my calling that I was going to have to make some sacrifices too. There's always next time!!!!

8 comments:

Stephers said...

You are a good woman! Mike and I were in charge of Youth Conference (2) summer's ago and we had an awesome opportunity to go to Scotland last minute basically for free and we too stayed behind and felt like we had to go through with our calling as Youth Conference Leaders! Hang in there, you will forget about it soon enough!

Anonymous said...

I hope those girls realize what a wonderful dedicated leader they have!!! I bet with Dave's job there will be more opportunities--probabbly more than you'll be able to take advantage of until the kids are older--but don't miss out on them all. At least he was in a place you have been to and could still talk to him about. I still get mad a Greg when he brings up skiing in the Alps and how much he enjoyed Brussels.

Kristen said...

Sucks to be you! Just kidding! We all have to pay the price. Sometimes the price is too high. I feel for ya.

J-me Boyce said...

You are so good! I can tell how dedicated you are to your calling. My YW were such a huge influence to me (not that you could tell in the time frame we hung out) so it is great that they have you.
P.s. I got my shirt at this local surf shop called Sun Diego last year. It is Billabong - maybe you could find it on ebay or something.

Lisa Danielson said...

I can"t believe you are the YW president!! That is so crazy. You miust be a busy woman. Oh BTW- I went to Houston High and I totally remember Tiffany!

brittanimae said...

Wow. What commitment!

Emily said...

I'm there with ya. Rob's going to Austin next month and I am DYING to go. My excuse is if I showed up without my kids Jim and Jennie would have a hay-day and I don't want to buy three airline tickets.

Amber said...

That would be hard but you are a great example for all of us and doing the right thing.