
So let's be honest.....Motherhood is hands down the hardest, most underpaid, most unappreciated job in the world. But it's in those special, quiet, personal moments with your children where it becomes the most
rewarding. There are times when I think to myself "I cannot get one more glass of juice, wipe down one more toilet, pick up one more toy, and hear one more child whine." It's through those trying times that I have learned, patience,love,commitment, how to be a good listener, and the list goes on. My children have
taught me so much more than I could have learned without them. There have been times when I have felt guilty for not finishing school and maybe one day I will. But I do know that I have been educated in many ways through being a Mother. I hope my kids know I would do
anything for each one of them. I'm a wife and mother before anything. That's my first calling in life. I am a mother because I love the Lord. I want to full fill the
commitments I have made to him. If anything I hope I am teaching my children the truth so that they may one day teach theirs. That would be the best
gift they could give to me as their Mother!
10 comments:
I agree with you 100%! Thanks for your great example!
You're a great mom/person! Thanks for your example!!
You put it beautifully. You are a great mom (at least when I was around you:)
Happy Mother's Day Nicoe!
When your kids are grown and gone the pay-off for being a mother is watching your own children be mothers ~~ and you are all so good at it.
Can hardly wait to be with all of my girls and grandkids together.
oops, I left the "L" out of Nicole
Okay-So I stink at posting today. I am rading your post and thinking how could I word it any better than this. So, I am going to tell my kids to read this post every year on Mother's Day and imagine that I wrote it. I agree with it all and you expressed waht I am sure most of us feel as mother's
What a cute post! I'm dying laughing about the post below (about MaryAnn). She is such a crazy vacuumer! You never go to the Rees home without seeing vacuum lines in the carpet. (we used to do carpet angels in the dining room- hers is the only house on the planet that you could do that!)
Somehow that is exactly what I needed to hear today. Thanks for the words of inspiration Nicole. I started potty-training Seth and it has been a day from you know where.
What a cute picture of you and your darling kids. Glad to hear you had a great mother's day! They make every day worth it :)
That was so well written, Nicole! It is nice to comiserate/bond with other Moms, isn't it? I love your picture, you all look absolutely gorgeous!
Post a Comment