Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My 30th Birthday

This was the perfect birthday!
It started the night before with the youth singing Happy Birthday to me, followed by some yummy chocolate b-day cake. How thoughtful of my Presidency. Then on my actual birthday I went out to Red Robin for lunch with some of my Memphis friends. These ladies have really helped to make Memphis home for me. That night Dave and I went to dinner at Stix (like Bennihanna's) and had a really enjoyable time. We forget how peaceful it is to sit at the table without kids crawling up on our laps. I had a billion things to do and lots of checking off to do on my "to do" list and I was way behind getting ready for our Disney trip but it was all worth it. It was a wonderful 30th birthday. Thanks to those of you who sent me gifts, cards, and emails. You all made my day!

6 comments:

Erika said...

Oh fun! Are you home now? I think you got home today. Hope you had a WONDERFUL trip! See you soon!

natalie said...

Please say that's the shirt I got you. I didn't think you would get it in time. If not then I got you the shirt you are wearing in this picture so now you have two. How funny would that be? Looks like the day was great. We just went to Red Robin and for our challenge I couldn't have white flour. So, luckily they have wheat buns. Also, you look just like one of the youth. THey always tell me that here but I didn't realize it until I saw this picture. We definately have the freckles and the little noses in our benefit as far as the aging thing.

Stephers said...

Super cute. I love your hair wavy.
I also agree with Natalie, you do look like one of the youth, I bet they just love you!

Jill said...

Happy late bday! Glad it was fun. 30 seems like such a leap from the 20's...I am almost there too and it's crazy!!!!!!!

Lynnise said...

I am glad you had a good birthday. It looks like you have a great group of youth - how fun! You look awesome and ready for the next 30 years!

lacey said...

Sorry- Happy Late Birthday to you... it is so shocking to my system that I am right around the corner for #30... I thought it was ages away. You look great! Just like the college days.