Thursday, November 1, 2007

REILEY'S HOMECOMING

I had a wonderful weekend at home in Utah with my family. I left Saturday morning and returned late Tuesday night. It was so fun to get to see the safe return of my brother and great to see the rest of my family too including MaryAnn, Dave's Mom. Reiley gave a really good homecoming speech and enjoying food and family afterwards was also a good thing. The only complaints I have are that I couldn't stay longer, didn't bring my kids with me, and of course I came down with a sinus infection right before leaving on the plane Tuesday. Not a good thing!
It was so funny, as I arrived in Phoenix on Saturday I was waiting for my flight in the terminal, minding my business and eating my Snickers. I looked across to the chair directly in front of me and realized I was sitting across from Vanilla Ice. Yes, I know there are fans out there. Nope, not a fan now, but totally was about 16 years ago. He arrived in SLC before me and my family asked if I had seen him, so all of us being "Ice" fans decided it was picture time. He was a good sport. Funny that my first picture home was of my family and Vanilla Ice.
We ate so much this weekend. Those of you who know my family know we can put the food away. We also shopped, celebrated Dad and Abigail's birthdays, went to Gardner Village, and stayed up late chit chatting. I had a great time and can't wait to see my family in Mexico over the Holidays. Until then family, ADIOS!
Reiley and I. Welcome home Reiley and job well done.
The Family with Vanilla Ice.
left to right: Nicole, Angela, Aaron, Vanilla Ice, Natalie, Tanner, and Reiley

1 comment:

{Brittany} said...

Welcome home Reiley! How exciting. What a fun weekend with your family. I'm sad that you were in town and I didn't get to see you though. I saw on Dani's blog that she saw Natalie..funny! I'm sure you had a great time hanging with your cute family all weekend. How fun!!