Monday, September 17, 2007

TIME FOR A NEW CAMERA

So I was sitting on the couch yesterday enjoying what the home teachers had to say, when I got a knock at the door. I noticed it was my neighbor and she had a Ziploc bag in her hand with lots of little crushed pieces. Yep, you guessed it. It was my camera. She noticed it on the side of the road and was able to save the memory card. Thank goodness. She went home, loaded it up to her computer and the first picture she saw was of my girls. I'm not sure how it ended up on the side of the road, but I'm very grateful she saved the card. I can always replace the camera but not the memories on the card. So, note to self and to those of you reading this, update your records often. If I wouldn't have downloaded all of my pics the day before I would have been sick to my stomach at all of the memories I could have lost. I guess I'll be making a trip to Best Buy soon. Like Dave will have any complaints of that outing. Any excuse to get to Best Buy. Thank goodness for neighbors with good eyes and thank goodness for Best Buy, I guess!

3 comments:

shauna said...

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear about your camera. I hear the Nikon D40 is the bomb...have fun camera shopping!

lacey said...

So Nicole. How did it get there? Did you leave it on top of your car? Ryan has left Blockbuster movies there before and DROVE over them himself. So, we had to buy them. I know "mistakes do happen" but are you admitting to this one? Is it Daves fault? :)

But, this is a good excuse for a new camera. We are camera shopping ourselves for an SLR just like Shaunas I think.

Let me know what you decided on. I hope the next one lives a long life.

Heather said...

Hmmm... I would love a new camera. Maybe mine will accidentally fly out the window of the car. Thanks for the great idea! REally - I'm so glad you saved the memory card. I would be so sad if I lost all my photos. I'm with Shauna on the Nikon D40. My dream camera!!