



So when we first bought this house there weren't many things I wanted to change right away except for the
shiny,green fireplace and the
terracotta(salmon) walls. Just weeks after we moved in the walls were painted and then the dreaded fireplace came next. It wasn't awful but it just didn't match the furniture that I wanted. So after a year of waiting for our anticipated pay raise we finally got moving on redecorating our home. I had a tile man come out and give me a bid on my fireplace of almost a thousand dollars so with the help of my Mom and her friend we decided I could fix it on my own. I started by priming, puttying, and painting, and I think it turned out pretty good. It's a cheaper version to tile but it does the job for me. I do have "before and after" pics but the before were taken with a disposable camera so I don't have those on my computer. There is a huge difference though. Thanks to my Mom for all of her great ideas. She is so good at what she does that I never question her I just write down a "TO DO" list, save up for it, and buy it. Dave is actually very patient and accepting too because he knows from experience that she always makes our home look very nice. Thanks Mom, and yes, I love the chair!
4 comments:
You have such a pretty home. It doesn't even look like kids are there! I clicked on EVERY picture to see the up close. You have great taste. I have some carpet that I need ripped out and flooring put in. Want a job?
Looks awesome Nicole! I need to come see it in person. Wow, the furniture pieces go so well together... i would never be able to pick that out. what a talent.
You have great taste
Nicole so your blog is the cutest thing i have ever seen....Seriously so cute. Your kids are sure getting big, but they are absolutely darling....Cute pics of the house too.....you are so great... Blogging is fun so we can keep up on the latest that is going on with one another.....
Post a Comment