Wednesday, January 1, 2014

HAWAII SEPTEMBER 2013
Last Christmas my parents surprised us all with a trip to Hawaii and the best part of all was that it was adults only.  NO KIDS!!!  So I know that sounds harsh but we all need a little time away every once in a while.  So before you get started looking at my millions of pictures....Unfortunately my camera was stolen the day after I got home from Hawaii.  Many tears were cried!  Thank goodness for iphones, or I wouldn't have a single pic of one of our most memorable vacations ever!!!
The International Marketplace.  Sadly they will be closing their doors this year. So I'm glad we got to shop and wave goodbye.
One of my favorite parts of visiting the island of Oahu is being able to visit the U.S.S. Arizona at Pearl Harbor.  I love the memorial and the way it honors those who lost their lives that December day.  "WE WILL NOT FORGET"....


My very favorite place to visit on Oahu is the POLYNESIAN CULTURAL CENTER ( PCC). Who doesn't love this place.  The Polynesian people have such a great life and spirit about them.  It was definitely a highlight of the trip along with visiting the temple and BYU-H.  I wouldn't complain if one of my kids attended school here...Just saying!!!




While we were in Hawaii, Reiley celebrated his birthday.  Doesn't get much more happy than that!
HANUAMA BAY
Unfortunately I'm not great at snorkeling.  I get super claustrophobic and I felt very sensitive in my air passages after having nasal surgery.  I gave it a go....but this is definitely more Dave's thing than mine....He loves it!!!!

Those who know this crowd well, know that our hobby is eating.  We entertained that with the Shorebird, Bubba Gumps, Cheeseburger in Paradise, the mall food court and of course the Malasadas became our best friends....like daily!

WAIKIKI


It was so fun to get to visit the temple with Dave and to be able to take a picture with my siblings in  the same spot where we took an identical picture about 15 years ago.  Lots has changed!!!
 While we were in Hawaii we were lucky enough to get to see Kevin, Deidre and the girls.  Such a rough place for them to be stationed :( We watched the BYU/UTAH at their home and lucky for most of the people in our family, Utah won. GO UTES!!!  




 We spent a lot of time pool side at the Sheraton Waikiki where we were staying, but with this view who wouldn't??? These were some of my favorite memories, drinking fruity drinks, catching very minimal rays of course and chatting with my family.  Our hotel was the best.  We were definitely spoiled on this one. 



One of the things that helped bring us to Hawaii was NAGAUS-An Air National Guard convention. It always fun and entertaining being surrounded by military but mostly it's an honor.  I'm honored to be the daughter of a retired Air Force pilot, honored to be surrounded by the beauty of Hawaii, but mostly honored to have the family that I do.  Thanks a million times over Mom and Dad!!!! xoxoxox  
(And a big thank you to my mother in law for watching my kiddos the whole time--not an easy task. So glad she was so willing to do it.)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh my word how fun!! Jeff and I got to go to Hawaii last year with out kids too and I had the same thought as you- boy do I hope one of my kids wants to go to school there one day:)