VIRGINIA BEACH JUNE 2013
The girls had their National dance competition in Virginia Beach this year. Grandma Shauna came along and brought the best surprise with her....Abigail!!! We kept super busy. We did a little dancing, beaching and road tripping.
We spent our first day in Williamsburg. It was probably the cutest town I have ever stepped foot in. I felt like I had stepped back in time. It was beautiful. I wouldn't complain if any of my kids went to the College of William & Mary and I had to visit them haha! It was beyond hot that day but the girls were troopers.
Once we left Williamsburg, we met Reiley in D.C. since he was there working and living. It had been at least 20 years since I had visited D.C. but it all came back to me instantly. I love that city! There is so much to see and do and that we did. I think we hit almost every tourist attraction and monument that we could in a days time. We walked and walked in the rain and heat but it was worth it. The girls were most excited to see the White House but I think the American History Museum was their favorite...with a little help from "Night at the Museum" of course!!
Arlington National Cemetery
Iwo-Jima Monument
"Changing of the Guards"
The Smithsonian's
Lincoln, Vietnam, Korean and Washington Monuments
The Lincoln and WW2 Memorials
The White House
Our Nations Capital
Virginia Beach with dance friends
pics from here and there...
We played and danced in between. The girls did awesome! Ryleigh and Cara's lyrical dance, SKYSCRAPER took 3 all around. Cara's tap dance SWING took 1st all around and Ryleigh's jazz RESPECT took 5th overall. Not too bad for our first year of Nationals. I was so proud of my girls.
My favorite pic I took on the trip.
Most people know I'm a TV junky so going to DC Cupcakes was one of my highlights. Georgetown is so cute...so modern but cute. I think I could stay in Georgetown shopping and eating forever!
Great vacation full of tons to see and do. Thanks Grandma and Abigail for joining us. You made it that much for fun!!! xoxo























No comments:
Post a Comment