Monday, October 10, 2011

NEW YORK Part 1

We had the opportunity of spending September 11th in New York. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous at first but then Dave told me "If you don't go out of fear, then you have let the terrorist win"! So I pushed "BUY" on my plane ticket and never looked back. I'm so grateful for the experience we had-a feeling and emotion I'll never forget. Above are tiles that were created by local elementary school kids, made for each one of the victims they had lost in 9/11.
My sister and Natalie and I were out shopping, we heard singing coming out of a cathedral close by and decided to walk in--little did we know, we had walked into a catholic mass celebrating the life of those firemen lost on 9/11. The spirit was so strong and the emotions of the families so real.
Flags with all of the victims names flew in Battery park
The Freedom Tower
A rose pinned to a memorial ribbon off of Wall Street
Above is the construction site at Ground Zero-The upper left picture is what the memorial will look like once completed.
BRUNCH AT THE PLAZA
We were lucky enough to have my Grandpa join us on our "almost" all girls vacation. It was so much fun having him there and were lucky enough to have him treat us to brunch at the Plaza Hotel. The food was great and it was so much fun getting dressed up and doing something out of our element (and pocket book) and of course kidless!!!
Staten Island Ferry & Statue of Liberty
The Carnegie Deli is an absolute must and I'll revisit every time I go--The best REUBEN I have ever ate and look at the size....priceless!!

2 comments:

Jylaire said...

Emily is my neighbor! Small world! Looks like you guys had an amazing time!

Mindy said...

I'm so sad I couldn't go! Next time... It looks like you all had a fantastic time!