Tuesday, November 2, 2010

HALLOWEEN~the new Christmas!!!
Seriously when did Halloween get so busy and expensive. It's crazy but I love it. Halloween has always been my favorite Holiday, hands down!!! Here's a quick run down of our week. Part 1
My little "ROCK OF LOVE" and me at the Ward party
We don't have any boys at church Carson's exact age BUT do you see Carson complaining???
We got to spend the night with a witch, a shark-bitten surfer, a monkey, and a cheerleader who was MIA...Cara takes off with her friends and we never see her until the end, so no pictures of her that night.
Treats for the ladies I Visit Teach and neighbors....which I managed to stay away from. Trying to get back into my jeans :) :)
On top of the chaos we had to make a poster for Ryleigh's "Star of the Week". I went a little crazy on the pics but it's so hard to choose just a few when she's so stinkin cute.
I never once dipped into any of this either....Pat on the back for me YAY!!!
The girls and I decided to try out the Trick or Treat on the town square...one word CHAOS!!
Like a lot of schools now, we too do not get to dress up for Halloween. I hate it-BOO! Those were some of my favorite memories growing up. Instead we have Western Wear day. It's fun for the kids but still doesn't compare to good old fashioned Halloween parade day at the school.
All in all a great week....busy....but great!!!
Weeks like these are why I love being a Mom. I love to see my kids faces light up and enjoy the Holidays as family and friends.










8 comments:

atec said...

I absolutely love your top picture! Go Utah. Your costumes are fantastic too!

Grandma Shauna said...

I can't believe how big Evan is getting. Not a little newborn anymore. The kids all look so cute. Can't wait to see them at Christmas.

alpinekleins said...

Such cute 'spooky' halloween photos! Looks like you all really know how to celebrate!

Kristin

Tracy said...

Your costumes were great. I'm sorry you couldn't use them at school--so essentially had to do two costumes-one for Halloween and one for cowboy day.

Quists said...

Darling costumes, and such cute pictures of the whole holiday! You have stinkin' adorable children. Even though they didn't get to dress up for school, the western wear turned out great - they look cute.

Mindy said...

Man, it seems like you have to come up with a lot of costumes! They all look great! I understand why so many schools are moving away from Halloween costumes--so many gross, bloody, or violent costumes with weapons! I was amazed how many 5 and 6 year old freddy kruegers there were when I worked in schools. Kind of sad, though, that it ruins it for everyone!

Steven and Kristin said...

What a fun Halloween! I love all the costumes! I am so amazed that you didn't give in at all to the candy! Way to go!

brittanimae said...

I really miss the Halloween Parade too! For me it was the REAL chance to show off your costume, because you have to hide under coats and things for trick-or-treating. Your kids look amazing!