Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Character Day
It was character day at the kids school last week. They were to pick a character from one of their favorite books and dress up as them. Since they don't celebrate Halloween here, this was the first time everyone got to dress up so it was exciting for them. Ryleigh's whole class did "Cat in the Hat", she chose to be Thing 7 her favorite number.
Cara wanted to be "Dorothy" but we didn't have a costume and since I had just delivered Evan, my sweet friend Tiffany just whipped this right up for us. She's way too good to me! Cara loved it and luckily we already had red shoes. Carson of course opted for the class t-shirt....such his personality.

(to my family...remember Alyson's character day...so funny!)

5 comments:

natalie said...

How come you guys don't do Halloween there? Is it a southern thing? I've never head you mention this before. Hey, ask Mon if she is really making the girls a witch costume or if that was just here say from Abigail.

Stephers said...

Love "Cat in the Hat". She looks darling as thing 7 :) So sweet of your friend to make the "Dorothy" outfit, looks super cute. Cannot believe they do not celebrate Halloween.... Crazy.

Kristen said...

So cute. She is getting so big it just is so crazy how fast it's going.

Alyson and Greg Markham said...

Oh my gosh...Too funny...as I say this character day post I had flashbacks, more like nightmares. If you want to see mom laugh so hard she covers her nose, you just mention me dressing up on the wrong day. She loves that story!

Heidi said...

yes, you need to explain this no halloween thing! I've never heard that either! let us know!