Thursday, August 12, 2010

Team Collierville here we come...Carson had competitive baseball tryouts this weekend and we're so proud of him for making it. It's the first "try-out" experience at our house and it was way too stressful. I was stressed about how I was going to tell him if he didn't make it and Dave was just plain stressed! It was a good learning experience for all of us though. I told him this was just the beginning, that from here on out he would be trying out for teams and that if he did his best and tried his hardest than that was all he could do. But there may be times when he doesn't make it and that's okay too. It's crazy, but in order to make the middle school teams here, which he'll be going to next year, you have to play competitive or they don't even look at you so we're now doing competitive baseball and football. Life is a little chaotic but he loves it. We truly wouldn't do all of this unless we knew he loved it. Believe me our bank account would be a little happier too! I guess this is the life right now. Baseball, football, school, dance, scouts,....I love it though and I'm just glad we can do these fun things for our kids.

3 comments:

Stephers said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. Cannot wait to get my little munchkins involved in a few years when they are big enough :) He looks super excited in those pics, you can totally tell he is in love with the sport!

{Brittany} said...

Your first tryout? How is that possible with all the sports you do. Payton had his first tryout last year at age 7...it's so crazy! Congrats. Also, you look so beautiful prego. Good luck!

Lisa Danielson said...

Way to go!! I miss good old collierville. It was the perfect town to grow up in!!!