Monday, August 23, 2010

Kenny Chesney - The Boys of Fall

Best video I've seen in a while. I never thought I'd be such a fan of the game but I think once your child plays something and excels at it you learn to love it. I love the smell of "football" in the air. Those of you who have husbands/fathers/sons/brothers who have played high school football should share this with them. It's super uplifting and gives me the chills!!!

4 comments:

natalie said...

We all sat and watched this together. Matt got emotionally involved. He didn't cry or anything it just struck some chords. He loved that part of his life and I think is hoping he can live vicariously through our boys. Hopefully they have the same interests??? It was a cool video though. It reminded me of FNL and the night after our senior boys last game. THey were so emotional and I was insensitive and thought it was cheesy. I guess I didn't realize the relationships built through football. Good ole Kenny!

Mindy said...

I have to say, Matt's love of football is a little mystifying to me and hasn't rubbed off yet, but I think it's in my future. It's nice to see a positive light put on it, I think I tend to focus on the negative stereotype of high school football (even though Matt played and loved it.)

Grandma Shauna said...

I do miss those Friday night lights when I see them coming from the High School stadium in the fall. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Mark and Emily said...

It's so funny that you posted this. I've been listening to this song over and over as I've been setting up my classroom this week and I've really listened to the words...for the second year in a row I will be missing the OSU football season (we have season tickets) and it makes me sad! I can't believe I have come to love the fun of live football games that much :)