Tuesday, October 13, 2009

On Saturday the 10th we celebrated the one year birthday of our angel up above, Claire Elizabeth. I wasn't sure how to celebrate so we just decided to get a small birthday cake and sing "Happy Birthday". I wanted to just keep it small and simple. The kids thought is was special and it gave them a moment to celebrate their sister that they will one day meet. I think next year I may try to come up with a special tradition that just our family shares on that day. I want you all to know that I'm doing just fine. I thank you all for your sweet posts on my facebook. I try not to dwell on the negative in my life, but just look towards the positive. Like Sister Hinckley said "The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache." Through the examples and love we have in our lives we are truly blessed.

7 comments:

Cassie Peck said...

Happy Birthday Claire.... grandma mare is probably celebrating with her in heaven. i wish both claire and grandma was here. but as you said WE WILL see them again

brittanimae said...

I think every parent lives in dread of losing a child. But how fortunate you are to always have an angel watching over your family. I've always thought it was special that some dear friends of ours celebrate their angel daughter's birthday with an angel food cake. Happy Birthday Claire.

lacey said...

I' ve been thinking of you. You really do inspire me Nicole. Thank you for your good sweet heart.

Amanda said...

Nicole you have such a good attitude and perspective. Yesterday we went to the Walk to Remember that is held every year here for little ones like Claire. We walked for my nephew. At the end you release a balloon for every child that is gone- it's like watching a beautiful dance in the sky- all the balloons floating and swaying in the wind. You could do a balloon release for Claire. I love that you will have her back someday. Happy Birthday Claire.

Amber said...

You have such a great attitude!

Michelle said...

I love the quote by Sis. Hinckley, thanks for sharing - you're a sweetheart!

Mark and Emily said...

This one had me tearing up! Smooch!