So I finally visited the inside of Graceland. I've always wanted to go but was waiting for someone else who REALLY wanted to go. My brother in law Ryan and his friend Jenny were driving through Memphis and Jenny really wanted to see Graceland so we went. It was nice to do it without the kids and I know I got a ton more out of the tour than I would have with them there. I learned a lot of really interesting things. His home was so retro. Everything very fancy and loud. We had to turn the flash on our cameras off so the pictures in the slide show below aren't great but they at least show those of you who have never been or may never go some of the inside. I would say the thing that shocked me the most was how thin he was and how many gold records he actually was awarded. TONS! All in all it was a great tour, there were only a handful of people there (compared to thousands on some days), and I was surrounded with good company. Thanks Jenny and Ryan for letting me be the third wheel and thanks for taking a detour on your way home.
(it was an audio tour, that's why we have headsets on in the pix)

7 comments:
Looks fun! It is cool how each state has their own fun little quirks and things to do. By the way it is awesome how shoop is on your playlist :)
Oh, my gosh - I would LOVE to do this! It looks so fun! By the way, your kids are so cute in their little red, white, and blue outfits that matched their cousins. Go grandma shauna!
What is going on with the decor in that place? I don't know how you could ever relax. Looks like it was fun!
Can't believe you've never been before. Pretty cool to do once in a blue moon, huh? Hope you're having more fun now.
My friend went recently and when looking at the pics I just wondered what that place would look like under one of those forensic blue lights...I'm guessing there was a whole lot of action going on in those velour draped rooms! Someday I'll make it to Graceland!
How fun! I think I would like going there to see that. By the way, it looks like you have a fun trip to Utah coming up! We're going from Minnesota to Utah from the 16th to the 21st of July too. Have fun, and take lots of pictures!
Hi Nicole! Sorry it took me so long to check out your blog after you found ours. Your family is too cute. We spent two years in SC and 6 months in GA, so I know about the southern heat! I could never understand about the people complaining about the 60 degree weather being too cold. I guess it takes a certain kind of someone to actually love the climate out there! There really are a lot of fun things to do and see out there. We never did make it to Graceland though. Thank you for being in touch!
Post a Comment