Saturday, March 8, 2008

Not your typical evening in Memphis

I know all of my Utah folks are so sick of the snow, but we were so excited to get snow. My kids loved it. This was actually Ryleigh's first time seeing snow. It's sounds odd but I think she was actually a little overwhelmed by it. She was touching it like she was a little unsure. After a while though she dove right in just like Cara and Carson.
Carson with his snow girlfriend. This took him and Daddy about an hour to roll. I thought the finished product was pretty darn good.
I love this picture. Cara kept saying her back was freezing. Well yeah...of course it was. Her whole backside was showing.
One thing I learned for sure was that we are so unprepared now for winter weather like this. I was tearing the house apart looking for snow gear. This was the best that I could come up with. My girl's are wearing my scarfs, Wal-Mart gloves, Carson's in Bball pants and Dave and I just made do with what we had. It didn't matter though. We had a great night and were glad to have a little piece of home (UT.) here in Collierville.


7 comments:

Alyson and Greg Markham said...

You weren't kidding when you said how much it snowed. I love that picture of CaraAnn! I literally - LOL!

Amber said...

That is so fun for your kids. That will be a great memory for them!

natalie said...

I can't believe it! You guys have more snow than us. I guess the snow would be fun if you hadn't got dumped on all winter like some of us. I think it looks cozy being all bundled up and knowing that in a couple of weeks you guys will all probably be wearing shorts.

Heidi said...

wow! how often does it snow that much in Tennessee? Fun for you!

kelsey said...

I love the picture of Cara. I was laughing so hard when I saw it. I'm glad you got a little bit of snow to play in. I'm always glad to be away from the snow but always end up missing it in the end.

hoopspalmero said...

What a fun family to go out and play in the snow! I sure didn't have a thing to do with it this year! Those pictures turned out so cool with the snow coming down. Such a cute family!

hoopspalmero said...

Oh, by the way hoopspalmero is Andy's log-in, but it's Ginger Palmero.