"Be Steadfast & Immovable, always Abounding in Good Works."
I was just called as the Young Women's first counselor in our ward. I'm really excited about my new calling. I have had this calling before but it was with about 10 girls compared to the almost 40 girls we have in this ward. I've been in the YW's program now for almost 7 years and have really enjoyed it. It's been a blessing for me and I have learned so much through the eyes of the Youth of our church. Most of you know I love, love, love Girl's Camp. I still get to go....even as Camp Director too. Our Stake does so much here that I felt like I could still take it on. Hopefully I won't be singing a different tune when camp rolls around!

13 comments:
Congratulations Nicole! That is exciting news. You will be fabulous. So who else is in the YW presidency? Was there any other big ward news? Miss you!
Oh you are going to be fabulous at both of those callings. You sound like me, but with YW. I have been in Primary for about 8 years... back and forth between Chorister and Counselor, love both of the callings so much. I would like to make my way back to YW, I really miss working with the youth. I can’t imagine the church without the youth, their testimonies and their spirits are just so powerful! But I am grateful to have a Sunday only calling right now.
Cute little picture by the way! Those girls are so lucky to have you!
What kind of a young women president would call you as her 1st counselor AND ask you to still be ward camp director to almost 40 girls??? Good luck serving with THAT woman!
Love you Nicole!
How fun!! That was my last calling. It was so much fun! I'm sure you are so great with the girls. Also, I'm sure you are amazing at camp. It seems like just yesterday we were at Girl's Camp together. Crazy!?
Hurray! You'll do so well Nicole. The girls love you. Tell everyone hello.
you'll be great! I hope you still love camp after this summer... that's a lot of girls. I'm going to visit Jen Carlson this week, wish you could come too.
Nicole...
If someone said to me, "Dani...we are looking for someone in the United States to lead our youth to eternal exaltation...do you have any ideas for us?" I would say, "absolutely. Nicole Rees. She lives in the South. If you find her, you will find the funniest, most fun, most inspired youth leader around!"
I know you will do great.
Just be you and everything will fall into place nicely.
Hope you are well.
Dani
You'll be great at that job. I always loved when I had a younger advisor in young womens. When I was a teenager I never thought that 60 year olds could relate.
I have to say, your blog is amazing!
It seems like you've had that calling or one like it every time I talk to you! I bet the girls absolutely love you. Congratulations! And if you have any pointers for YW Secretaries just let me know, because I'm sorry to say I've been one for a year and I still don't have a clue what exactly it is I'm supposed to be doing! Good Luck with Girls Camp!
Hello there!
I am so behind on blogs, it's crazy. Congrats on your new calling. You will be fabulous!! You will have to pass on info to me because my bishop just told me he wants me to be the new YW Pres. I am freaking out!! It's not official yet, so I am hoping he will change his mind. lol.
Anyways...about Rebecca. Too funny! What a small world. I love Rebecca. I worked with her for a few years at the hospital. I was going to see some of my friends from Logan while I was here in Utah but it didn't work out. I love all my friends from Logan, they are fabulous people. Tell her HELLO from me!!!!!!!!
Nicole, I am so jealous! I was the camp director for my ward a few years ago, after camp they called me into the presidency. I don't think I loved a calling more than that one. You will do a great job! I love girls camp! By the way, I was renewing my .Mac account that publishes my blog and web site and for some reason I renewed under a different name which changes my web address. I don't know, I may just be more computer illiterate than I thought. So my new web page address is web.mac.com/lynniseosberg
Come visit me! Be grateful for the strength of the youth, it's amazing.
Lynnise
I agree---
So Nicole, if you're ever down and in need of a "pick-me-up", just read these comments!
Post a Comment