Thursday, October 11, 2007

MY CONSTANT SHADOW

As I was cleaning my house yesterday getting ready for a visit from Alyson and my Grandma Elene, I was constantly being followed by my little shadow. She was absolutely driving me Bonkers! Yes, my little shadow has a name.....Ryleigh. Ryleigh is my child who is constantly at my side and I feel sometimes does not give me a chance to breath. If I'm sitting she's on my lap, if I'm laying down she's by my side. She likes to vacuum, clean bathrooms, run errands, and on and on and on.......just so she's right by me. I've been struggling with this lately, but as I got in my bed last night and my mind started to wonder I realized how lucky I was to have Ryleigh. I know one day when I'm feeling the "empty nest" syndrome I will wonder where my little shadow has gone. I hope today I can take time to appreciate her and learn to love her little feet that walk all over mine.

2 comments:

shauna said...

Sweet Ryleigh! Love that girl.

Jim said...

If you ever want to let your shadow come to Layton we would be glad to have an additional shadow.