Friday, October 26, 2007

HOMEWARD BOUND

So I'm getting ready to go home to Utah today. I have quite a bit of things on my "to do" list to get done. Dave can never understand why it takes me so long to get ready to go out of town. I'm sure you other mothers reading this can understand. Husband's just don't really understand all of the behind the scenes stuff that goes on. For example, today I need to:

Get the laundry done
Finish packing
Get my kids rooms in order, yes just so they can destroy them again.
Hide all markers, crayons, scissors, etc.
Hide all knives, apple cutters, cheese graters, etc.
Hide all cleaning supplies
Hide mommies make-up
(those of you who know my girl's, know it's a must to hide EVERYTHING!)
Cover my nice furniture with blankets
Switch out car seats
Grocery shop
Get kids clothes ready for weekend-football games, Primary program, playgroup
Get someone to do Cara and Ryleigh's hair for Primary program
Straighten my hair, sounds silly but it takes me forever

and the list goes on.......................................

This is definitely all worth it though. I get to see my family, Dave's parents, my brother Reiley's homecoming, and have a little R&R time without the kids. Thank you Dave for being such a wonderful husband and giving me the opportunity to be on my own for the weekend. I must go before my motivation runs out and my "to do" list get longer.

3 comments:

shauna said...

Your kids are lucky to have you for their Mommy. Have a fun trip Nicole!

Heather said...

I hear ya on the packing and preparing for a trip. Have a fun time and enjoy those mountains!

natalie said...

Natalie says Hi!