Tuesday, October 16, 2007

GRANDMA ELENE AND ALY COME FOR A VISIT

We were lucky enough to have Grandma Elene and Alyson come visit us this last week. They arrived last Wednesday night and just departed this morning at 7am. It was good to have some Utah blood in our home for a while. Alyson and I kept Grandma busy. We ate, watched, movies, did the tourist thing, and shopped til' she dropped! I was telling Dave that I'm pretty lucky to be able to have my 76 year old grandmother get on a plane and come visit me miles away. I did realize this week that my grandma is getting older and that her mind and body are starting to slow down. I'm grateful for our friendship and hope that she remains to be blessed with health and happiness.


Not only was it good to have my grandma here, but I love having my sisters in town. Those of you who have sisters just get that! There's nothing like the bond between sisters. When grandma was getting a little "high maintenance" Alyson and I could just give each other the look and we knew what the other was thinking. Alyson is due with her second child in April and looks really good. Alyson- just ignore the big butt comment from Grandma. I think your butt looks good!!!!HEEHEE......Thanks for the visit Alyson, we'll see you soon.


Grandma Elene and Cara-We shopped at The Avenues and enjoyed a burrito at Blue Coast.

We went to see the ducks march at the Peabody. I had to post this picture of the flower arrangement. I'm always so impressed with this arrangement every time I visit. The concierge told me that this is changed out weekly with fresh flowers and it averages $5000 a week. Hmmmm......maybe I need to be a floral designer!


Cara and Ryleigh checking out the ducks after they marched their way down the red carpet in to the pond.




Grandma isms-

Oh Gad!

If I had to visit Memphis or Billings, I would choose Billings any day. What a crappy city!
(Natalie you're next)
When we lived in Indiana.............................
Hey Alyson, how bout' getting me a glass of water.

Just tell the neighbor kids to take a hike!

OH....my hair just looks awful!

We couldn't have had better weather.

Over at Cottonwood.........

Come on girls, no crying.

Oh, now that's tacky.

What are you eating?

Your Grandpa..........

These are not meant to be rude, I had to list them for myself and for my family. I knew they would get all of them. Sound familiar family?


3 comments:

The Crazy Clawson's said...

Nicole i just have to laugh for a moment. How funny is your grandma. I think we can all relate. Im glad that you had a fun time with them that's fun they came to visit. And little cara's crack how funny.....i hope to see you soon at Riley's homecoming...Talk to you soon

shauna said...

Your Grandma sounds just like mine!

lacey said...

Hey I totally posted a comment to this earlier and Landon deleted it-
Anyhow- you are funny! Okay, maybe your Grandma is. This felt like a written version of Seinfeld or something. :)

I saw the ducks march or whatever on TV. I bet you can count that off your top 10 HAVE TO DO in your lifetime huh? I will count it off mine via you. :)

Will we ever live near one another again? Okay, how about just a reunion or something? Get Natalie out here!