14 years ago
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
CONFERENCE WEEKEND
Conference weekend is always a hard one for me. Before I moved out to Tennessee my Mom told me that her most homesick times were during conference. I felt myself feeling the same way just months after we moved here and Spring General Conference was in session. I didn't realize how much I did miss the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, the Conference Center, Temple Square, and on and on..........So of course this last Conference had me feeling the same way, but this time it was feeling homesick for my family. As I was sitting in the chapel with my very irreverent children on Sunday morning, the choir began to sing a Child's Prayer. I couldn't help but shed a tear or two. Not only was this my favorite Primary song but I knew that my sisters and Mom felt the same way. I've had a stressful couple of weeks and get the chance to go home at the end of the month. I'm so excited to see my family, see the return of my brother Reiley, and maybe if I'm lucky get down to Temple Square.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm sorry that you are homesick, but I appreciate your post because it made me realize how much I take for granted living in Utah. It really helps me be more grateful. I can't imagine how hard it would be living away from family, but you are blessed that your husband has such an amazing job and that you live in a great neighborhood!
Post a Comment